The Fall brings us many things: football, autumn leaves and back to school. Even though summer is leaving us, fairs & festivals are still in full force. If you are considering brand activation in the coming months, here are five events worth looking into:
- The Big E (Sept 16th-Oct 2nd, West Springfield, MA) is the largest fair in the Northeast complete with exhibits, rides, Big E Super Circus, parade, The Big E Cream Puff and top names performing this year including Darius Rucker, Reba McEntire & Blake Shelton over a 17 day period. Last year’s attendance was over 1.2 million, the third highest attendance in history.
- After 38 years, the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival (Sept 30th-Oct 2nd, Virginia Beach, VA) is considered one of the largest East Coast festivals consisting of a 32 block party on the boardwalk, a black-tie gala, fireworks, a sand sculpting competition & various sporting events. This festival is committed to returning thousands of dollars to local charities.
- This year the State Fair of Texas (Sept 30th-Oct 23rd, Dallas, TX) celebrates 125th year! Hosted by Big Tex, consumers will find a variety of things to do including concerts, unusual exhibits, a parade & 70+ rides. Also, each year it hosts the annual Texas vs. Oklahoma college football game.
- The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (Oct 1st-9th, Albuquerque, NM) is an internationally known event with hundreds of balloons flying at Balloon Fiesta Park. Over 800,000 consumers came last year with some days boasting over 100,000 people.
- The St. Charles Scarecrow Fest (Oct 7th-9th, St. Charles, IL) is a family fun event an hour outside of Chicago reaching over 100,000 consumers. In its 26th year, there are so many activities including riverside arts & crafts show, live entertainment, paddlewheel riverboat cruise and over 150 hand-crafted scarecrows.
Activations at fairs & festivals are ideal for brands looking to increase brand awareness through grassroots marketing, product sampling, sponsorships, promotions & sweepstakes. As many of the events quickly approach, guerrilla marketing is also a great avenue to market. This barely touches the number of festivals & fairs in the nation this Fall, what are some others you are visiting?