Avoid a Common Event Sponsorship Mistake
are a great way to align a brand with a popular activity, sport or event. In
sponsorship negotiations, on-site
activation is often viewed
as secondary to logo placement, but in reality, they are
equally important. While a prominent logo will catch some eyes, a strong
brand engagement will create memories. Memories create brand loyalty, which is
why developing a solid strategy to activate
sponsorship investments is key.
When brands engage and communicate with consumers at a sponsored event, both ROI (return on investment) and ROE (return on engagement) increase significantly. Consider the following when planning the next sponsorship activation:
- Identify branded tactics that will enhance the consumer's overall event going experience.
- Seek unique, brand-relevant sponsorship elements that cost less, but can pay off big (i.e., sponsor the restroom line, parking lot, etc.)
- Require roaming rights to allow teams to engage consumers away from the branded event site
- Supply branded assets that enhance the experience (i.e., a branded, air-conditioned trailer becomes a nice VIP area)
- Extend your brand association beyond the sponsorship with a supporting social media campaign and branded pre/post events
- Include a sweepstakes that captures consumer information and reflects the sponsored event (i.e., tickets, event-going gear, etc.)