Department Zero began in 2003 as solution to a very common problem at the time. While there were many event companies that specialized in trade shows, hardly any created consumer focused experiences beyond the traditional convention space. And even fewer handled logistics, production and event staffing all under one roof.
5 Things to know about Department Zero
1) Based in Kansas City, MO, we work nationwide. Most of our activations take place in major markets from NYC to LA and all across the US.
2) We've worked in automotive, daily, since 2003. Yes, we know cars. But more importantly, we built our agency to flourish within a highly competitive category where automotive brands constantly raise the bar, and elevate performance expectations, for the entire experiential marketing industry.
3) Our clients are agencies. Beyond a handful of direct brand relationships, almost all of our clients are traditional advertising agencies, PR firms, media outlets and production shops. We collaborate as an extension of their team to bring their experiential ideas to life.
4) Event staffing is perhaps the most crucial part of any activation. The right people, with the right attitude, look and communication skills can make or break any experiential effort. Over the years we got pretty good at staffing events, which is why we turned our staffing department into a separate business unit: Pepper Talent.
5) We're independently owned and operated by a husband and wife team. Our company is small, nimble and relationship focused. For more than 15 years, we've created and produced brand experiences across a variety of categories including automotive, technology, CPG, retail, travel, beverage, gaming, wireless and more.